Friday, March 9, 2012

IT IS FRIDAY!!

Working on getting my daughter to sleep in her crib is definitely taking a toll on me.  Yesterday's early morning rising did not trickle over into this morning.  I was up and down Eleanor trying to keep her sleeping in her crib instead of with us.  Which means I actually have to wake up in the middle of the night to nurse her, instead of just laying her down next to me and nursing.

So I did not want to get out of bed this morning.  I did not want to make breakfast. I didn't want to do anything, but go back to bed.  Not really the attitude to have today, is it?  But...

It is FRIDAY!!

This means I will be menu planning for the weekend and next week.  Since I have remained flexible in eating, and had plenty of leftovers, I am happy that I only purchased food for the first 3 days on the menu plan.  It definitely saved me a lot of money, and I actually still have some items that I haven't used yet.  Mainly because I haven't been able to find chestnuts.  I have found them whole, but not canned in water.  We don't have a Whole Foods or a Trader Joes here (I wish we did though, cause they rock!), so I might just have to go with whole and roast them myself.  Next week I will being trying more foods on the 2nd half of the first week.

Tonight's workout will be the Post Pregnancy DVD and the menu for today is:


Breakfast: Chicken rollup

Snack: Apple

Lunch: I went to a local restaurant since I was short on time and got a chicken salad sandwich, pickle, baked chips, and no-bake cookie.  (I have no motivation when chocolate is right in front of me!)

Snack:

Dinner: I am planning on Salmon with orange glaze (from the book) with sides of broccoli and rice.  I have not cooked salmon in a long time so hopefully it looks pretty for the pictures.  I will remind the fish to smile! hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment