Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Motivation

How do you conjure up motivation for yourself?  I have a hard time motivating myself when I can tell myself that I should be doing a 20 other things instead of working out: laundry, play with the kids, wash dishes, make dinner, pick up the house....the list could really go on and on. 

So I did a little search for self motivation online and found this article.  It is short and to the point.

It basically breaks motivation down to three factors. Confidence. Focus. Direction.

Focus: Knowing what you want. I know what I want.  I want to lose weight. I want to eat healthier.

Direction: Knowing how to get what you want.  This I also know.  I have all the tools with the Tracy Anderson book.  I think the menu plan is very good and easy to change around if I prefer a different meal or snack.  I can also add more to the serving size, or another meal, since I need extra calories for breastfeeding.

My conclusion is that I lack the self confidence in myself to work this program and to see the amazing results that I know I can get.  Why does a little thing like confidence get in the way when you truly DO know exactly what you should be doing to get the results that you want.  I know there are going to be difficult times, and even tougher times when I don't feel like getting out of bed and working out or staying up a little later to finish preparing meals for the next day, I just have to work through them.  No more excuses.  Positive attitude.  I can work this program, I will get results!

I will go to the grocery store tonight and get food for the meal plan...and I will NOT NOT NOT get anything that is not listed. (and I will not add chocolate to my list, lol)

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment